- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 leek, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 200g/7oz skinless pork tenderloin, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced lengthways
- 75g/3oz sweetcorn
- 1lt/4 cups chicken stock/broth
- 150g/5oz medium egg noodles
- 125g/5oz fresh beansprouts
- 1 small bunch spring onions/scallions
- Lime wedges to serve
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Low cal cooking oil spray
- Preheat the slow cooker while you prepare the ingredients.
- Gently sauté the onion, leek, garlic & pork in a little low cal oil for a few minutes until softened. Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker, except the spring onions and beansprouts. Combine well, cover and leave to cook on high for 1½-2 hours or until the pork and noodles are tender & cooked through. Add the beansprouts and warm through for a few minutes. Serve with the lime wedges.
- The beansprouts are added at the end of cooking so that they still have a little crunch. You could add at the beginning of cooking if you prefer.