- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 leek, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 200g/7oz skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced lengthways
- 750ml/3 cups chicken stock/broth
- 120ml/½ cup low fat coconut milk
- 150g/5oz thick udon noodles
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Low cal cooking oil spray
- Preheat the slow cooker while you prepare the ingredients.
- Gently sauté the onion, leek, garlic & chicken in a little low cal oil for a few minutes until softened. Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker. Combine well, cover and leave to cook on high for 1½-2 hours or until the chicken & noodles are tender and cooked through. Season and serve.
- A pinch of cayenne pepper or chilli powder adds a nice ‘kick’ to this dish on serving.