- 300g/11oz skinless, boneless smoked haddock fillets, cubed
- 300g/11oz potatoes, peeled & cubed
- 1lt/4 cups semi skimmed/half fat milk
- 1 tsp low fat olive ‘butter’ spread
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Low cal cooking oil spray
- Preheat the slow cooker while you prepare the ingredients.
- Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker. Combine well, cover and leave to cook on high for 1-1½ hours or until the potatoes are tender and the fish is cooked through. Remove 2 ladles of soup and use a blender to blend this to a smooth consistency. Return the blended portion to the rest of the soup. Combine well, season and serve.
- You could blend all the soup if you prefer a smooth consistency throughout.