- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 125g/4oz potatoes, chopped
- 300g/11oz shelled king prawns, roughly chopped
- 200g/7oz green beans, roughly chopped
- 200g/7oz tinned chopped tomatoes
- 750ml/3 cups chicken or fish stock/broth
- 1 tsp each dried mixed herbs
- 2 tbsp tomato puree/paste
- 1 tbsp anchovy paste or 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Low cal cooking oil spray
- Preheat the slow cooker while you prepare the ingredients.
- Gently sauté the onion, garlic & peppers in a little low cal oil for a few minutes until the onions soften. Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker. Combine well, cover and leave to cook on high for 1-1½ hours or until the prawns are cooked through and the potatoes are tender. Remove 2 ladles of soup and use a blender to blend this to a smooth consistency. Return the blended portion to the rest of the soup. Season and serve.
- If you don’t have anchovy paste or Worcestershire sauce you could add a little cooked streaky bacon for additional salty depth.