- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 stalks lemongrass, finely chopped
- 500g/1lb 2oz skinless boneless firm fish fillets/cubed
- 3 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 1lt/4 cups chicken or fish stock/broth
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Low cal cooking oil spray
- Preheat the slow cooker while you prepare the ingredients.
- Gently sauté the onion, garlic & lemongrass in a little low cal oil for a few minutes until the onions soften. Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker. Combine well, cover and leave to cook on high for 1-1½ hours or until the fish is cooked through. Season and serve.
- This soup is great served with lots of freshly chopped coriander/cilantro and lime wedges if you have them.