- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 200g/7oz lean lamb fillet, finely sliced
- 400g/14oz tinned chopped tomatoes
- 200g/7oz tinned chickpeas, drained
- 500ml/2 cups chicken stock/broth
- 1 tbsp medium curry powder
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Low cal cooking oil spray
- Preheat the slow cooker while you prepare the ingredients.
- Gently sauté the leeks, onions, garlic & lamb in a little low cal oil for a few minutes softened. Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker, except the chopped chilli. Combine well, cover and leave to cook on high for 1½-2 hours or until the ingredients are cooked through and tender. Check the seasoning and serve with the chopped chilli sprinkled on top.
- Freshly chopped coriander/cilantro makes a great garnish for this soup.