- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 stalks lemongrass, finely chopped
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 400g/14oz shelled king prawns
- 4 tbsp lime juice
- 4 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 2 red chillies, finely chopped
- 1 small bunch spring onions/scallions, chopped
- 125g/4oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1lt/4 cups chicken or fish stock/broth
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Low cal cooking oil spray
- Preheat the slow cooker while you prepare the ingredients.
- Gently sauté the onion, garlic & lemongrass in a little low cal oil for a few minutes until the onions soften. Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker. Combine well, cover and leave to cook on high for 1-1½ hours or until the prawns are cooked through. Season and serve.
- Kaffir lime leaves make a good garnish but they are not essential.