- 400g/14oz tinned crab meat, drained
- 100g/3½oz long grain rice
- 50oml/2 cups chicken or fish stock/broth
- 500ml/2 cups semi skimmed/half fat milk
- 1 tsp anchovy paste or 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Low cal cooking oil spray
- Preheat the slow cooker while you prepare the ingredients.
- Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker. Combine well, cover and leave to cook on high for 1-1½ hours or until the rice is tender. Blend to a smooth consistency, season and serve.
- Use anchovy paste if you can as this will give a tasty additional depth to the soup.