- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 300g/11oz lean lamb fillet, finely sliced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 50g/2oz pre soaked pearl barley
- 1ltml/4 cups beef stock/broth
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Low cal cooking oil spray
- Preheat the slow cooker while you prepare the ingredients.
- Gently sauté the leeks, onion, garlic, celery & lamb in a little low cal oil for a few minutes until the onions soften. Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker. Combine well, cover and leave to cook on high for 1½-2 hours or until the ingredients are cooked through and tender. Remove the bay leaves, check the seasoning and serve.
- Lamb neck fillet is a good lean choice for this soup.