- 300g/12oz watercress
- 125g/4oz potatoes, chopped
- 750ml/3 cups vegetable stock/broth
- 250ml/1 cup semi skimmed/half fat milk
- 125g/4oz blue cheese, crumbled
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Low cal cooking oil spray
- Preheat the slow cooker while you prepare the ingredients.
- Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker, except the cheese. Combine well, cover and leave to cook on high for 1-1½ hours or until the potatoes are tender. Crumble the cheese into the soup and blend to a smooth consistency. Season and serve with a few sprigs of watercress on top.
- Use whichever type of blue cheese you prefer. Stilton is a national favourite.