- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp medium curry powder
- 200g/7oz tinned chopped tomatoes
- 200g/7oz potatoes, chopped
- 200g/7oz carrots, chopped
- 125g/4oz red lentils
- 750ml/3 cups vegetable stock/broth
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Low cal cooking oil spray
- Preheat the slow cooker while you prepare the ingredients.
- Gently sauté the onion & garlic in a little low cal oil for a few minutes until softened. Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker. Combine well, cover and leave to cook on high for 1-2 hours or until the lentils and vegetables are tender. Blend to a smooth consistency, season and serve.
- A swirl of milk and chopped chives make a good garnish for this soup too.