- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 200g/7oz potatoes, chopped
- 200g/7oz fresh ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 400g/14oz tinned chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 250ml/1 cup vegetable stock/broth
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Low cal cooking oil spray
- Preheat the slow cooker while you prepare the ingredients.
- Gently sauté the onion & garlic in a little low cal oil for a few minutes until the onions soften. Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker. Combine well, cover and leave to cook on high for 1-1½ hours or until the vegetables are tender. Blend the soup to a smooth consistency, season and serve.
- The salt and sugar will help balance the acidity of the tomatoes. Use a little more if needed.