- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 500g/1lb 2oz sweet potatoes, chopped
- 750ml/3 cups vegetable stock/broth
- 250ml/1 cup fresh orange juice
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Low cal cooking oil spray
- Preheat the slow cooker while you prepare the ingredients.
- Gently sauté the onion in a little low cal oil for a few minutes until softened. Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker. Combine well, cover and leave to cook on high for 1-1½ hours or until the vegetables are tender. Blend the soup to a smooth consistency, season and serve.
- Freshly chopped coriander/cilantro makes a really worthwhile addition to this soup.