- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 turnip, chopped
- 225g/8oz pre-soaked yellow split peas
- 2 tsp mixed dried herbs
- 1lt/4 cups vegetable stock/broth
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Low cal cooking oil spray
- Preheat the slow cooker while you prepare the ingredients.
- Gently sauté the onion, celery & garlic in a little low cal oil for a few minutes until the onions soften. Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker. Combine well, cover and leave to cook on high for 1-2 hours or until the vegetables are cooked through and the split peas are tender. Blend the soup to a smooth consistency, season and serve.
- Thyme, basil or oregano will all work in this soup if you don’t have dried mixed herbs.