- 1 onion, chopped
- 125g/4oz dried apricots, chopped
- 500g/1lb 2oz eating apples, peeled, cored & finely chopped
- 750ml/3 cups vegetable stock/broth
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp fat free Greek yoghurt
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Low cal cooking oil spray
- Preheat the slow cooker while you prepare the ingredients.
- Gently sauté the onions in a little low cal oil for a few minutes until softened. Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker, except the Greek yoghurt.
- Combine well, cover and leave to cook on high for 1-1½ hours or until the vegetables and apples are cooked through. Blend to a smooth consistency. Check the seasoning and serve with a dollop of yoghurt in the middle of each bowl.
- You could also add a pinch of ground ginger and/or cinnamon to this soup if you have it to hand.