- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stick celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 400g/14oz tinned chopped tomatoes
- 500ml/2 cup vegetable stock/broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 200g/7oz cooked beetroot, grated
- 4 tbsp fat free Greek yoghurt
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Low cal cooking oil spray
- Preheat the slow cooker while you prepare the ingredients.
- Gently sauté the onion & celery in a little low cal oil for a few minutes until the onions soften. Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker, except the beetroot & Greek yoghurt. Combine well, cover and leave to cook on high for 1-1½ hours or until the vegetables are tender. Remove the bay leaves, blend the soup to a smooth consistency and return to the slow cooker. Add the grated beetroot and warm through for 20-30 minutes. Season and serve with a dollop of Greek yoghurt in the middle of each bowl.
- You could add lemon wedges to this soup when you serve.