- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 500g/1lb 2oz pumpkin flesh, diced
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 500ml/2 cups semi skimmed/half fat milk
- 500ml/ 2 cups vegetable stock/broth
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Low cal cooking oil spray
- Preheat the slow cooker while you prepare the ingredients.
- Gently sauté the onion & garlic in a little low cal oil for a few minutes until softened. Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker. Combine well, cover and leave to cook on high for 1-1½ hours or until the pumpkin is tender. Blend the soup to a smooth consistency, season and serve.
- A pinch of cinnamon complements this soup really well too.