- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 400g/14oz potatoes, diced
- 200g/7oz parsnip, chopped
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 1lt/4 cups vegetable stock/broth
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Low cal cooking oil spray
- Preheat the slow cooker while you prepare the ingredients.
- Gently sauté the onion & garlic in a little low cal oil for a few minutes until the onions soften. Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker. Combine well, cover and leave to cook on high for 1-1½ hours or until the potatoes and parsnips are tender. Blend the soup to a smooth consistency, season and serve.
- Serve with chopped flat leaf parsley if you have any to hand.