- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 125g/4oz pork tenderloin, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced lengthways
- 1 bunch spring onions/ scallions sliced lengthways
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp Chinese five spice powder
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 200g/7oz tinned water chestnuts
- 1lt/4 cups chicken stock/broth
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Low cal cooking oil spray
- Preheat the slow cooker while you prepare the ingredients.
- Gently sauté the onion, garlic & pork in a little low cal oil for a few minutes until the onions soften. Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker. Combine well, cover and leave to cook on high for 1-1½ hours or until the pork and vegetables are cooked through. Season and serve.
- Cooked left-over pork is fine to use in this recipe too.