- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 carrot, finely grated
- 500g/1lb 2oz butternut squash flesh, diced
- 1lt/4 cups vegetable stock/broth
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Low cal cooking oil spray
- Preheat the slow cooker while you prepare the ingredients.
- Gently sauté the onion & garlic in a little low cal oil for a few minutes until the onions soften. Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker, except the grated carrot. Combine well, cover and leave to cook on high for 1-1½ hours or until the vegetables are tender. Blend the soup to a smooth consistency. Season and serve with the grated carrot on top.
- Freshly chopped chives make a good garnish for this soup.