- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 200g/7oz sweetcorn
- 2 celery sticks
- 225g/8oz red lentils
- 1lt/4 cups vegetable stock/broth
- 2 red chillies, finely chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Low cal cooking oil spray
- Preheat the slow cooker while you prepare the ingredients.
- Gently sauté the onion & garlic in a little low cal oil for a few minutes until the onions soften. Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker, except the chopped chilli. Combine well, cover and leave to cook on high for 1-2 hours or until the vegetables are cooked through and the lentils are tender. Remove 2 ladles of soup and use a blender to blend this to a smooth consistency. Return the blended portion to the rest of the soup. Check the seasoning and serve with the red chilli sprinkled over the top as a garnish.
- Two red chillies will give this soup quite a ‘kick’. You may want to alter the quantity to suit your own taste!