- 1 onion, chopped
- 500g/1lb 2oz carrots, chopped
- 125g/4oz potatoes, chopped
- 1lt/4 cups vegetable stock/broth
- 1 tsp runny honey
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Low cal cooking oil spray
- Preheat the slow cooker while you prepare the ingredients.
- Gently sauté the onions in a little low cal oil for a few minutes until softened. Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker. Combine well, cover and leave to cook on high for 1-1½ hours or until the vegetables are tender. Blend the soup to a smooth consistency, season and serve.
- Freshly chopped chives and/or a swirl of single cream make a lovely garnish to this soup.