- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 large cauliflower, broken into florets
- 125g/4oz potatoes, chopped
- 750ml/3 cups vegetable stock/broth
- 250ml/1 cup semi skimmed/halt fat milk
- 125g/4oz low fat cheddar cheese, grated
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Low cal cooking oil spray
- Preheat the slow cooker while you prepare the ingredients.
- Gently sauté the onion in a little low cal oil for a few minutes until softened. Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker, except the grated cheese. Combine well, cover and leave to cook on high for 1-1½ hours or until the vegetables are tender. Blend to a smooth consistency and sprinkle the grated cheese evenly into each bowl. Season and serve.
- Chopped flat leaf parsley adds a nice garnish to this soup.