- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 125g/4oz potatoes, chopped
- 500g/1lb 2oz mushrooms, sliced
- 750ml/3 cups vegetable stock/broth
- 250ml/1 cup semi skimmed/half fat milk
- 4 tsp low fat crème fraiche
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Low cal cooking oil spray
- Preheat the slow cooker while you prepare the ingredients.
- Gently sauté the onions in a little low cal oil for a few minutes until softened. Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker, except the crème fraiche. Combine well, cover and leave to cook on high for 1-1½ hours or until the potatoes are tender. Blend the soup to a smooth consistency. Season and serve with a teaspoon of crème fraiche stirred through each bowl.
- Freshly chopped tarragon or chives make a good garnish for this soup.