- 1 onion, chopped
- 125g/4oz potatoes, chopped
- 750ml/3 cups semi skimmed/half fat milk
- 250ml/1 cup chicken stock/broth
- 400g/14oz sweetcorn
- 200g/7oz skinless chicken breast, chopped
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Low cal cooking oil spray
- Preheat the slow cooker while you prepare the ingredients.
- Gently sauté the onion in a little low cal oil for a few minutes until softened. Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker. Combine well, cover and leave to cook on high for 1½-2 hours or until the chicken is cooked through. Discard the bay leaves. Remove 2 ladles of soup and use a blender to blend this to a smooth consistency. Return the blended portion to the rest of the soup. Combine well, season and serve.
- You could garnish this soup with freshly chopped chives and a tablespoon of fat free Greek yoghurt.