- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 2 sticks celery, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 350g/12oz cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 1lt/4 cups chicken stock/broth
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Low cal cooking oil spray
- Preheat the slow cooker while you prepare the ingredients.
- Gently sauté the onions, carrots, celery & garlic in a little low cal oil for a few minutes until the onions soften. Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker. Combine well, cover and leave to cook on high for 1-1½ hours or until the vegetables are tender. Remove 2 ladles of soup and use a blender to blend this to a smooth consistency. Return the blended portion of the soup to the rest of the soup. Stir well, season and serve.
- Chicken soup is traditionally made with left over shredded chicken. This version uses the leanest cut of the bird – breast meat. Other cuts will have a higher fat content.