- 2 leeks, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 125g/4oz courgettes/zucchini sliced
- 400g/14oz tinned chickpeas, drained
- 400g/14oz tinned chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato puree/paste
- 500ml/2 cups vegetable stock/broth
- 125g/4oz tenderstem broccoli, roughly chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Low cal cooking oil spray
- Preheat the slow cooker while you prepare the ingredients.
- Gently sauté the leeks & garlic in a little low cal oil for a few minutes until the leeks soften.
- Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker. Combine well, cover and leave to cook on high for 1-1½ hours or until the vegetables are cooked through. Check the seasoning and serve.
- Also known as garbanzo beans, chickpeas are a good source of protein.