- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 200g/7oz skinless chicken breast, chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 200g/7oz tinned chopped tomatoes
- 400g/140z tinned mixed beans, drained
- 1lt/4 cups chicken stock/broth
- 1 tbsp tomato puree/paste
- 1 tsp dried basil or oregano
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Low cal cooking oil spray
- Preheat the slow cooker while you prepare the ingredients.
- Gently sauté the onion, garlic & celery in a little low cal oil for a few minutes until the onions soften. Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker. Combine well, cover and leave to cook on high for 1½-2 hours or until the chicken is cooked through. Season and serve.
- This is a chunky soup which is should be left unblended. You could add a freshly chopped basil garnish if you like.