- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 200g/7oz skinless chicken breast, chopped
- 200g/7oz leeks, sliced
- 1lt/4 cups chicken stock/broth
- 125g/4oz potatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp dried basil or oregano
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Low cal cooking oil spray
- Preheat the slow cooker while you prepare the ingredients.
- Gently sauté the onions, garlic & chicken in a little low cal oil for a few minutes until the onions soften. Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker. Combine well, cover and leave to cook on high for 1½-2 hours or until the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes are tender. Use a blender to blend the soup to your preferred consistency. Season and serve.
- You could also add some chopped pitted prunes to this soup for a different twist.