- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 350g/12oz skinless chicken breast, finely sliced
- 50g/2oz fine rice noodles
- 120ml/½ cup dry white wine
- 1lt/4 cups chicken stock/broth
- 200g/7oz fresh asparagus tips, roughly chopped
- 1 small bunch spring onions/scallions, finely sliced lengthways
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Low cal cooking oil spray
- Preheat the slow cooker while you prepare the ingredients.
- Gently sauté the onion & garlic in a little low cal oil for a few minutes until the onions soften. Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker, except the asparagus & spring onions. Combine well, cover and leave to cook on high for 1½ hours. Add the asparagus and cook for a further 10-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the asparagus is tender but not overcooked. Sprinkle with sliced spring onions, season and serve.
- Adding the asparagus towards the end of the cooking time should ensure it still has a little crunch. Feel free to add at the beginning if you prefer it super-tender.