- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 500g/1lb 2oz celeriac, chopped
- 200g/7oz spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- 750ml/3 cups vegetable stock/broth
- 250ml/1 cup semi skimmed/half fat milk
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Low cal cooking oil spray
- Preheat the slow cooker while you prepare the ingredients.
- First quickly toast the pine nuts in a dry pan for a minute or two, shaking continuously until they turn golden brown. Remove the pine nuts from the pan and chop. Use the same pan to gently sauté the onion & garlic in a little low cal oil for a few minutes until the onions soften. Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker, except the pine nuts. Combine well, cover and leave to cook on high for 1-1½ hours or until the celeriac is tender. Blend the soup to a smooth consistency, season and serve with the pine nuts sprinkled on top.
- You could use chopped toasted pumpkin seeds rather than pine nuts if you prefer for the garnish.