- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ tsp fennel seeds
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 500g/1lb 2oz celeriac, chopped
- 1lt/4 cups vegetable stock/broth
- 4 tsp low fat crème fraiche
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Low cal cooking oil spray
- Preheat the slow cooker while you prepare the ingredients.
- Gently sauté the onion, fennel seeds & garlic in a little low cal oil for a few minutes until the onions soften. Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker, except the crème fraiche. Combine well, cover and leave to cook on high for 1-1½ hours or until the celeriac is tender. Blend the soup to a smooth consistency, season and serve with a teaspoon of crème fraiche in the centre of each bowl.
- Plenty of black pepper when serving complements this soup.