- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 400g/14oz carrots, chopped
- 125g/4oz potatoes, chopped
- 1 parsnip, chopped
- 750ml/3 cups vegetable stock/broth
- 250ml/1 cup semi skimmed/half fat milk
- 2 tsp tomato puree/paste
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Low cal cooking oil spray
- Preheat the slow cooker while you prepare the ingredients.
- Gently sauté the onions, cumin seeds & garlic in a little low cal oil for a few minutes until softened. Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker. Combine well, cover and leave to cook on high for 1-1½ hours or until the vegetables are tender. Blend the soup to a smooth consistency, season and serve.
- Ground cumin also works equally well in this recipe.