- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 150g/5oz potatoes, chopped
- 400g/14oz beetroot, cubed
- 750ml/3 cups vegetable stock/broth
- 1 tsp dried basil or oregano
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp fat free Greek yoghurt
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Low cal cooking oil spray
- Preheat the slow cooker while you prepare the ingredients.
- Gently sauté the onion & cumin seeds in a little low cal oil for a few minutes until the onions soften. Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker, except the Greek yoghurt.
- Combine well, cover and leave to cook on high for 1-1½ hours or until the vegetables are cooked through. Blend to a smooth consistency. Check the seasoning and serve with a dollop of yoghurt in the middle of each bowl.
- This soup has a fantastic vibrant colour, which is contrasted by a generous dollop of white yoghurt.