- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 50g/2oz pre soaked pearl barley
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 225g/8oz lean rump steak, finely sliced
- 1ltml/4 cups beef stock/broth
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Low cal cooking oil spray
- Preheat the slow cooker while you prepare the ingredients.
- Gently sauté the leeks, onion & garlic in a little low cal oil for a few minutes until they soften. Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker. Combine well, cover and leave to cook on high for 1½-2 hours or until the vegetables are tender and the steak is cooked through. Check the seasoning and serve.
- Any cut of beef steak will work fine for this recipe provided it’s sliced thinly enough