- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato puree/paste
- 75g/3oz long grain rice
- 125g/4oz tinned bamboo shoots
- 225g/4oz lean rump steak, finely sliced
- 1ltml/4 cups beef stock/broth
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Low cal cooking oil spray
- Preheat the slow cooker while you prepare the ingredients.
- Gently sauté the leeks, onion, celery & garlic in a little low cal oil for a few minutes until they soften. Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker. Combine well, cover and leave to cook on high for 1½-2 hours or until the vegetables and rice are tender and the steak is cooked through. Check the seasoning and serve.
- Chopped fresh chives make a good garnish for this tasty soup.