- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 small bulb fennel, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp black peppercorns
- 75g/3oz mushrooms
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- 3lt/12 cups water
- Gently sauté the onions, leeks, carrots and fennel in the olive oil for a few minutes in a large lidded saucepan.
- Add all the other ingredients, cover and bring to the boil. Leave to gently simmer for 20 minutes with the lid on. Allow to cool for a little while.
- Pour the contents through a sieve and store the finished stock liquid in the fridge for a couple of days or freeze in batches.
- Weight Watchers Absolutely Most Delicious New! Spiced Carrot Soup
- Weight Watchers Absolutely Most Delicious New! Three Bean Soup