- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 stalks lemongrass, finely chopped
- 200g/7oz skinless chicken breast, chopped
- 2 red chillies, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1lt/4 cups chicken stock/broth
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 125g/4 oz desiccated coconut
- Juice & zest of ½ lime
- 1 bunch spring onions/scallions, thinly sliced diagonally
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Low cal cooking oil spray
- Preheat the slow cooker while you prepare the ingredients.
- Gently sauté the onion, garlic & lemongrass in a little low cal oil for a few minutes until the onions soften. Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker, except the spring onions. Combine well, cover and leave to cook on high for 1½-2 hours or until the chicken is cooked through. Add the spring onions, check the seasoning and serve.
- Freshly chopped coriander/cilantro is a good garnish for this clear Asian soup.