- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 sticks celery, chopped
- 300g/11oz eating apples, peeled, cored & chopped
- 300g/11oz carrots, chopped
- 1lt/4 cups vegetable stock/broth
- 1 tsp each brown sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp tomato puree/paste
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Low cal cooking oil spray
- Preheat the slow cooker while you prepare the ingredients.
- Gently sauté the onion & celery in a little low cal oil for a few minutes until softened. Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker, except the lemon wedges. Combine well, cover and leave to cook on high for 1-1½ hours or until the vegetables and apples are tender. Blend the soup to a smooth consistency, season and serve with the lemon wedges.
- This is a really light, fresh-tasting soup.